After PG did not go to job for 3

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_IRFAN AHAMED_*

Guest_IRFAN AHAMED_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:45 AM

Hi Brother Ramdeep singh,

This is Irfan again. I completed MBA Marketing and Finance at 2010. I did not go to job. Because I was trying to enter into banking job. I attened IBPS 1,2 also. I clered IBPS PO 3 with 68 marks (OBC) . will the gap be setback for me?

#2 Guest_sachin_*

Guest_sachin_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

This is Irfan again. I completed MBA Marketing and Finance at 2010. I did not go to job. Because I was trying to enter into banking job. I attened IBPS 1,2 also. I clered IBPS PO 3 with 68 marks (OBC) . will the gap be setback for me?

Hide your gap with tution and other activity which make them think that you were earning all these year.. they want some one who is mature enough for job not by age but by experience..

#3 Raman

Raman

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 458 posts
  • LocationLudhiana

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

Yes of course it is an issue, no employer want to hire someone who was sitting at home from last 3 years. You can say I was preparing for Civil services but unable to crack it.

If you can think, You can achieve

#4 bnglr123

bnglr123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

Yes of course it is an issue, no employer want to hire someone who was sitting at home from last 3 years. You can say I was preparing for Civil services but unable to crack it.

Hi Ramandeep singh sir,

In PO-II first round allotment, there were 22415 vacancies(i have seen this information in IBPS WEB SITE
(http://www.ibps.in/c...ATION_04.02.pdf), out of 22415 vacancies 11058 were for UNRESERVED category.
It means that the people (irrespective of reservation) who stood in top 11058 will get job under UNRESERVED category and
remaining candidates under reservation categories will be considered for vacancies under their
respective categories, so GENERAL category people should be in top 11058 for getting job.

is this correct???

now in po-iii, i came to know (through your post in the website www.bankexamstoday.com) that 57000 were selected for interview and
for Example, let us consider that there were 25000 vacancies
and out of them almost 50%(by comparing with po-ii) will go under reservation, so remaining 50%, i.e.,12500 will be for UNRESERVED category
so, for a GENERAL category student he should be in top 12,500 to get job.

please reply me whether my analysis is correct or not??

now, i am coming to my specific question,
i got 79 marks(GENERAL CATEGORY), have 2 years of experience in software industry and 78% marks in B.Tech. so if
i can pass(get 40% marks in interview) interview, is there are chances for me to be in top 12,500(if we assume that there are 25000 vacancies).
please give reply sir.

#5 Raman

Raman

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 458 posts
  • LocationLudhiana

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

Hi Ramandeep singh sir,

In PO-II first round allotment, there were 22415 vacancies(i have seen this information in IBPS WEB SITE
(http://www.ibps.in/c...ATION_04.02.pdf), out of 22415 vacancies 11058 were for UNRESERVED category.
It means that the people (irrespective of reservation) who stood in top 11058 will get job under UNRESERVED category and
remaining candidates under reservation categories will be considered for vacancies under their
respective categories, so GENERAL category people should be in top 11058 for getting job.

is this correct???

now in po-iii, i came to know (through your post in the website www.bankexamstoday.com) that 57000 were selected for interview and
for Example, let us consider that there were 25000 vacancies
and out of them almost 50%(by comparing with po-ii) will go under reservation, so remaining 50%, i.e.,12500 will be for UNRESERVED category
so, for a GENERAL category student he should be in top 12,500 to get job.

please reply me whether my analysis is correct or not??

now, i am coming to my specific question,
i got 79 marks(GENERAL CATEGORY), have 2 years of experience in software industry and 78% marks in B.Tech. so if
i can pass(get 40% marks in interview) interview, is there are chances for me to be in top 12,500(if we assume that there are 25000 vacancies).
please give reply sir.

Only 33-35% of the jobs are allocated to general category candidates

If you can think, You can achieve

#6 KASAD

KASAD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

Sir, I have been called for the interview IBPS P03 score- 75 gen. Iam worried that i have a 2 yrs gap after B.TECh 2011. Though in the mean time I was preparing for various gov exam but was unable to get selected. What should I say for this gap when the interviewer will ask? 

PLEASE GIVE REPLY SIR.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IBPS SO notes