#1 shr_ankit

shr_ankit

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationDehradun

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

Good news for all the guys who were waiting for 3rd list. Best of luck to all of them.
Today after ibps released the 3rd list I was going through the number of vacancies in various banks at the starting and the left over vacancies in the 3rd list.
I noticed that despite many of us choose PNB as our first preference than also there is left over vacancy.
To my surprise PNB only issued 178 vacancy for UR and 350 in total and after that also 30 vacancy are left over for UR in 3rd list and 46 total.

On the other hand IOB issued 2300 vacancy total and not a single vacancy is there in 3rd list.
So what can we conclude from this?
How come PNB still have left over seats despite releasing very less vacancies in comparison to other banks despite that many candidates fill PNB the 1st prefrence considering it the 2nd largest bank in india.
Live everyday of ur life as it was ur last day..

Bank prep DVD Bank prep course

#2 shr_ankit

shr_ankit

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationDehradun

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

Hello ramandeep..
Can you throw some light on this topic?
Is it because PNB is opening new branches in remote areas because I think in tier I, tier II and tier III cities there are lots of PNB branches.
Is this the reason why candidates despite choosing PNB their 1st prefrence don't take PNB afterwards.

#3 jay

jay

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Many selected PNB the 1st prefrence considering it the 2nd largest bank in India & having 5,000 branches across 764 cities, so they would get a seat in their hometown states.

Very good number of Branches are there in most of the states but the posting is not given in hometown states, candidates from northern state got southern states, candidates from east got western states, so a high number of rejection!!!

#4 amal.a.abraham16

amal.a.abraham16

Legend

• Moderators
  • 133 posts
  • LocationKerala

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:03 PM

Hello ramandeep..
Can you throw some light on this topic?
Is it because PNB is opening new branches in remote areas because I think in tier I, tier II and tier III cities there are lots of PNB branches.
Is this the reason why candidates despite choosing PNB their 1st prefrence don't take PNB afterwards.

Another reason from my side...People having high marks have chosen PNB ie meritegious candidates..So for them lot of other job options will be tere in hanD...So might have not taken PNB

#5 Raman

Raman

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 428 posts
  • LocationLudhiana

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

Candidates selected in PNB were toppers of IBPS PO II. Many of them didn't get desired location, they might sure that they can crack any other exam, that's why PNB and IDBI have highest number of vacancies in third list.

BOB tends to give location near to home town, this is the sole reason behind no vacancy in BOB.

• nilesh likes this

#6 shr_ankit

shr_ankit

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationDehradun

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

Hello ramandeep..
I have one querry regarding allotment of banks.
As it is my first experience can you please tell me how do we get alloted after clearing the cut off.
Means will the banks send the offer letters to candidates and we will have a choice to choose a bank?
Mean to say that we can get multiple offer letters from different banks according to our merit?
Or will there be some other process?
Plz rply. If anyone have a previous year experience they can share their views.

#7 A S Kumar

A S Kumar

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationTamilnadu...

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

Hello ramandeep..
I have one querry regarding allotment of banks.
As it is my first experience can you please tell me how do we get alloted after clearing the cut off.
Means will the banks send the offer letters to candidates and we will have a choice to choose a bank?
Mean to say that we can get multiple offer letters from different banks according to our merit?
Or will there be some other process?
Plz rply. If anyone have a previous year experience they can share their views.

You have already given your preference....

After the announcement of final results...overall merit list will be prepared...based on vacancy the cutoff for a particular category is decided..then based on that according to merit and preference each one will be allotted to a particular bank...No multiple offer letters...only one from the bank you are allotted...If you don't take up the offer...Your candidature will be cancelled and the vacancy will move to ppl in the second list.

God Speed

#8 amal.a.abraham16

amal.a.abraham16

Legend

• Moderators
  • 133 posts
  • LocationKerala

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

You have already given your preference....

After the announcement of final results...overall merit list will be prepared...based on vacancy the cutoff for a particular category is decided..then based on that according to merit and preference each one will be allotted to a particular bank...No multiple offer letters...only one from the bank you are allotted...If you don't take up the offer...Your candidature will be cancelled and the vacancy will move to ppl in the second list.

My question is ,There will be many people who doesn' t want to opt any banks as they are aiming some othr job.

For them will there be any option to un claim  OR will it come to second allotment only??

No interaction from our side before allotment is needed????

#9 A S Kumar

A S Kumar

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationTamilnadu...

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:47 PM

My question is ,There will be many people who doesn' t want to opt any banks as they are aiming some othr job.

For them will there be any option to un claim  OR will it come to second allotment only??

No interaction from our side before allotment is needed????

No interaction with you before allotment..If people don't join their job will be considered for second round allotment vacancies only.No unclaim option is available.

• amal.a.abraham16 likes this

God Speed

#10 psvishalvarma

psvishalvarma

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Locationvisakhapatnam, AP

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

guys seeing your discussion i got a doubt...after a few days our final scores will be announced ..right..so by seeing that scorecard of ours we cant tell whether we r in the first list or not??????

#11 A S Kumar

A S Kumar

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationTamilnadu...

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

guys seeing your discussion i got a doubt...after a few days our final scores will be announced ..right..so by seeing that scorecard of ours we cant tell whether we r in the first list or not??????

If you are in the high end....You can be assured of allotment in the first list .....More than 45....and if you are in the low end ..............less than 36 you can start preparing for next exams. Others will have to keep you fingers crossed till the results are announced.  

God Speed

#12 psvishalvarma

psvishalvarma

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Locationvisakhapatnam, AP

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

what about if i get 44 marks as the final score ...? can i expect to be in the first list of P.O-3 selection?????/

and after getting scores also we have to again wait for we can make it in the first list or not...this is just making me tense...

#13 jay

jay

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

Yes for all those who will get below 45 marks as the final score, it's the waiting game to know whether they have made it in first list of P.O-3 selection.

#14 shr_ankit

shr_ankit

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationDehradun

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hey frns there is no need to make speculations. You never know what will be the cut off because it always depends on the score of the last candidate that can be selected according to the vacancies.
In written exam many were saying that the cutoff will be more than 80 for UR but it was 61. So there is no need to put your brains on this cut off score.
Rather than this focus on next exams that are about to come.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IBPS SO notes